You might be tempted by those leftover Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals on an instrument. As always buyer beware...
There are some things to consider when looking at buying a new instrument this holiday season for your Penelope pianist, George guitarist, Chloe clarinetist, or Vlad the violinist. Below are a few tips for you to find the best quality instrument:
- Buy from a local authorized dealer.
- Stay away from big box department stores. (FirstAct = FirstMistake)
- Ask your teacher for recommendations - they play the instrument, they will have some insight for you.
- Consider the options and make sure you try out the instrument (see #1).
- Stay within your budget - you don’t have to take out a second mortgage to find a good quality student instrument.
We do have some recommendations on our site. Check them out in the links below!
Vocalists, you're lucky you don't have to buy your instrument. You carry it with you! But, there are some resources for you, too!